Tuesday 14 June 2011

SAFE DELHI ?


Stay alert even when in Meru Cabs.

This incident happened with me,on my way to the New Delhi Railway Station.
Having booked a cab from the Meru Cabs. I was really carefree, about reaching the destination but my supposed carefree journey became a near nightmare.After five minutes of sitting in the car i realised the AC was not working properly.I complained to the driver but he did not react and hence it was understood that I was going to have a tough time with no AC and temperature soaring some 44 degree celsius.
So I thought of calling the company for another cab.On call the company made efforts to help me but there was no cab in the vicinity.It was clear that i had to go to the station in the same cab only.
I was in a conversation with my daughter regarding the heat and AC not working,all of a sudden the driver started using abusive language,which was not acceptable.
Again a call was made to Meru to lodge a complaint.The executive heard me and were very polite.They asked me not to pay the cab driver but at their counter at the station.
On reaching the station the real drama started. The driver first refused to unload my luggage,with the help of the coolie I unloaded my luggage.While I was busy unloading it my daughter raised an alarm that the driver was running with one of our suitcases.I left everything and ran after him.By then the security intervened and were able to stop the cab driver who started using very abusive words for me and the women gender in particular.But he ran away the instant he could.
Now the big Question is How safe are we?
We travel in prepaid,Radio cabs thinking that they are safe but Are they?
I was able to raise an alarm but how many can be like me or infact.
How many are able to?

No comments:

Post a Comment